Monday, July 14, 2008

Try this one on the grill. Mmmmmm









































This recipe calls for quite a few ingredients. I like the flavor but would change the red wine vinegar to a touch of balsamic vinegar...or both!?

I like this recipe because you can add more or less of the seasonings you prefer.

I sliced the cooked chicken and served it with a salad. The salad had a few slivers of red bell pepper, mushrooms, blue cheese chunks, blueberries, sunflowers seeds, boiled egg, and black olive. On the side were canned cooked white beans. I sprinkled a bit of balsamic vinegar over them and put a piece of fresh basil leaf on top. That was super yummy!!

Whisk together these magical ingredients.

1 lime juiced
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Adding red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper if you like it to have a little "kick".

6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thick

Marinade for at least 30 minutes. I let mine sit in the fridge for 24 hours.

I sorta thought this had an Indian or middle eastern flair. I really like the ginger and cumin flavors.

You can click on the image to enlarge it.

Give it a try and let me know.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you...I made your marinade and did a chicken stirfry instead of a salad. It was awesome! I used all kinds of veggies and put it over jasmine rice. The combination of flavors in the marinade was delicious! Thanks for the recipe! Mis