Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sony Cyber-Shot




I was searching for a reasonably priced camera that was easy to take along, lightweight, and took good pictures. I decided against the more expensive and larger DSLR cameras because it's more camera than I need. I wanted a purse size camera that took great photos. I think I found exactly what I was looking for.

My friend, Megan, was kind enough to bring her Sony Cyber-shot over for me to try out. I liked it and did some research. After reading reviews and checking out consumer reports I decided to purchase.

Found it at Costco for $179.00. I thought this was a great price considering the last Cyber shot I bought was $250.00 and doesn't take nearly as nice of a photo.

Look at the comparison I did. The side showing the old Cyber shot doesn't show the color of the wood very well, the color of the pot, the detail of the grass, or the detail and color on the boxes to the left. I can tell a huge difference when I do close ups using Macro. The photo with the white flowers show Macro from both cameras. The two small photos are washes out and the larger photo shows more detail. I also like the sport feature that catches an action with ease.

This camera is user friendly, easy to understand and has some nice extras.

Came with the battery and charger, USB cord, lens hood for sunny days, and strap. You have to purchase the memory card.

I am excited to try it out.

xo M

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good comparison! I love my CyberShot as well as my DSLR.

Anonymous said...

Loved yours so much...I went and bought my own! Megan has started something. : )