Saturday, November 8, 2008

Rikki Rikki


I went out to a nice dinner with my good friend Linda. I always ask her to choose the restaurant because she has celiacs disease (can't eat wheat gluten). I don't mind at all because I love visiting with her, I love getting out of the house, and I just love to eat about anything.

She wanted to try out a Japanese restaurant in Kirkland. It is called Rikki Rikki. The website is http://www.rikkirikki.com/

We went thinking it was just a sushi place. It was more than that. It had a good menu. The food was moderate and the prices were "Kirkland" prices. A bit high I think. The menu they show online has been changed slightly with increased prices.

The atmosphere was like a moderate sushi bar. Not a high end place. Comfortable for sure. Good service. Tight seating.

The California roll was 3/4 real crab and 1/4 artificial crab. Linda had to request all real crab due to the celiacs. I didn't think it was the best sushi around.

I LOVE black cod. When I saw it on the menu I had to get some. It was very small and wasn't that great.

The best part of the whole dinner was dessert, of course! I had the tempura ice cream. It was big enough for one hungry person or two people to share. Very yummy.

I don't think I would go out of my way to visit Rikki Rikki again. I would go to I Love Sushi in Bellevue.

xo M

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the present time I am not a sushi fan...but everytime I heard it described it sounds good. Let's try it together sometime. Say hi to Linda for me!
Mis
p.s. You could be a restaurant critic. Good job!