Friday, November 14, 2008

High School Musical on Ice






We took the kids and my mom to see High School Musical on Ice. It was an okay show.

I am always impressed with ice skating. These people go out there and ice skate, dance, sing, act, and memorize it all. They do up to three shows a day. I guess that's why Disney signs up young people to do the shows.

The music was good, the set was okay, our seats were great, and the souvenirs were expensive. I guess that's all I can say about it. The show was mediocre. There were some "WOW" moments. Overall it was just so-so. The ice show I loved and was blown away by was the Monsters Inc. THAT was amazing.

They had the show playing several days and times at the Comcast Arena in Everett and they have more shows playing at the Key Arena in Seattle. I don't know why they do that. We went the Saturday show and the seats were only a quarter full. Thats right! About 25% full!! They can't be making money. The only way they can make up for it is by selling those junky souvenirs. It was terrible. Not only do they come up and down the isles, sell in the corridors, they have the vendors lined up like a wall when you leave. They are standing outside waiting for your $$$. You can hardly walk out without bumping into the sales people. I think we grabbed the kids, held our breath, and made a run for it.

I have attached a link for You Tube with a 2 minute video clip I found. Take note of the photos I took. You can see the empty seats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggf6g0xBvcE&feature=related

xo M

0 comments: