Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A different kind of wedding.

Now I know not everyone will appreciate this posting. Some people have super strong feelings one way or the other. So be it.

Well, I went to a gay wedding. Yep you're read correctly. I went to see two men "tie the knot". I guess it's called a commitment ceremony.

My sister in law was invited as a guest and brought me along as her date. I didn't know these two men. It didn't matter. I had to go watch. Sorta like a reality show. I have to say that I was curious how the whole thing would be pulled off. Would there be one in a dress? Would it be like a traditional wedding? Who walks them down the isle? Would there be rings and a KISS?

As we were going to the roof top of this building to watch the ceremony I realized that we were in the elevator with lesbians. I think they thought my sister in law and I were "together". Yikes. Well, if that's the case I hope they thought I was the girl!! LOL.

Any way. There were no dresses. They wore matching suites. A mother and sister walked them down the isle. There was a song, a minister of some sort, rings, and even a kiss. I have to say that I didn't think the kiss would bother me. Well, it sorta did. It went on a bit to long.
The reception was normal with toasts, music, and cake. The food was really good! We pretty much ate and ran.

Overall I would say the whole experience was like any wedding. ..except with two guys. People were genuinely happy for them. They seemed "in love". There was nothing that caught me with my mouth hanging open. They were just two PEOPLE who want to have a committed life together.



xo M

1 comments:

Evey said...

"if that's the case I hope they thought I was the girl!!"

LOL. that was too funny.

Did I ever tell you I have a blog aside from my sports blog? One I post everyday random stuff on? Well if I didn't it is

www.chrisandevey.blogspot.com