Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yummy with a capital "Y" - Homemade donut holes!




Well, well. What do we have here? How about some YUMMY donut holes?

I saw this idea on a TV show and had to make it my own. It turned out awesome and was super easy to make.

Break open a tube of biscuit dough from the grocery store. Role pieces of the dough into donut hole sizes. The kids enjoyed doing that part.

Heat a pot of oil. I used canola oil.

While the oil is heating up I got brown paper bags. I put a bit of white sugar, cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg into the paper bags.

I also mixed a side of powdered sugar with milk. This made a sort of glaze.

Once the oil was heated I carefully placed some of the rolled dough into the pot. I turned them frequently to brown on all sides.

Once golden brown I place them on a paper towel for just a moment then put a few in the brown bag with sugar mix. The boys bunched up the top of the bags and shook them. They were coated in sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mmmmmmm

I drizzled with the glaze and ATE them!! Warm and yummy.

Super easy and not very time consuming. Loved it. Hope you do too. Please comment and let me know what you think.

Made approx. 24-30 donut holes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhh...yummy! And sounds soooooo easy! I tried this only I did the whole donut by cutting out the center of the biscuits and frying the ring part, and then the holes as extras. I like the brown paper bag idea! Much easier and clean-up sounds like a breeze!!! You are SOOOO clever!!! M

Anonymous said...

So you made them. They look like they turned out great! I will have to try them too. Makes me want a donut (~:

Anonymous said...

Ooops, forgot to say who I was. The last comment was from Heidi.