Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spicy.



Have you tried habanero peppers? Well let me give you an idea of how hot those little suckers are.

On a some sort of pepper scale a green pepper is at the bottom as far as spicy hot goes. It is ranked at zero. A jalapeno is rated at around 2300-2600. So, there is a bit of a bite. The habanero is rated at the top of the heap. It comes in at 230,000-260,000. VERY hot and spicy.

I have to tell you that I once ordered habanero chicken thinking it would be zippy and tasty. It was painful! I couldn't close my mouth it was so hot. I think I was panting like a dog.

So, my sweet boys and I decided to have a Dorito Habanero taste test. We had my mom, her husband, the two boys an myself line up with our one chip. It looks like a regular dorito. (Play a fun HOT trick on someone by switching doritos!) We had milk ready for those that needed to put out the fire. I have to say, it wasn't as hot as the chicken I had. I was sorta disappointed. My oldest son was the only one that seemed to need the milk. I really liked them actually.

If you want a spicy chip to go along with that sandwich these may be for you. Habanero Doritos!

xo M

0 comments: